Friday, February 1, 2013

Give Life Meaning

Yesterday I visualized my future life would be like: Being a father of my family, taking care my wife, do my job, get a life, be a responsible man. Sometimes I describe how small my life is. Job and family. Or maybe, I can have a good time in my retirement life, if my company afford me some pension funds.

At first,  I felt disappointed and bored with this circle of future life visualization. I only found “the job” and “the family” circling around. What a boring life. Am I born in this world only to experience this? That question stuck in my head frequently.
I remember the story of a cab driver last November. He shared me a story of his son whose got a full scholarship to continue his master program in one of university in Tokyo, Japan. He always loves his son and his family although he always arrive at home at 3 a.m and begin to work at 10 a.m. All of his life is not only but his work and his family, but he satisfied with it, because he has found what he loves in it.
He loves his job because he got paid by helping people reaching their destinations, and also he loves to share his life experience with them, having new friends every day. He enjoy it. Having a lot of friends once gave him another life experience. One of his passenger gave him a business card and offered him a job to be a personal driver in one of the biggest oil company. He was happy to hear it and feel blessed.
He also loves his family because it’s the only treasure he has in his life. He loves his son and his wife who always cheer him up every day before he go to work. His family is the only place he called home. He’s not a guy with a lot of money, but a lot of love is everything to him.
The way this cab driver feels happy with his life has inspired me. What I forgot about how to enjoy my journey life is to found something what I loves in it. Maybe I’m too much dreaming of a good living life that makes me forget to appreciate my life right now, or maybe I’m too selfish that I only think about myself and forgot about other people whom I always met in my life. I should change my point of view in looking at my job and my life. I should start to give them loves and meanings. My job and my life wouldn’t have any meanings if I don’t give them both of it.